By Ryan K. Balot
- Offers a large survey of historic political idea from Archaic Greece via past due Antiquity
- Approaches old political philosophy from either a normative and historic focus
- Examines Greek and Roman political idea inside of ancient context and modern debate
- Explores the position of historic political inspiration in a number philosophies, resembling the person and neighborhood, human rights, faith, and cosmopolitanism
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Political Thought (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
This booklet brings jointly a group of prime theorists to handle the query 'What is the suitable degree of justice? ' a few participants, following Amartya Sen and Martha Nussbaum, argue that we must always concentrate on features, or what everyone is in a position to do and to be. Others, following John Rawls, argue for focussing on social basic items, the products which society produces and which individuals can use.
Is Confucianism a faith? if this is the case, why do so much chinese language imagine it's not? From historical Confucian temples, to nineteenth-century files, to the testimony of individuals interviewed by way of the writer all through China over a interval of greater than a decade, this ebook strains the start and progress of the belief of Confucianism as a global faith.
Der Kapitalismus steuert auf eine Weltwirtschaftskrise zu. Damit gewinnen die bereits in den achtziger Jahren entwickelten krisentheoretischen Thesen und Analysen von Robert Kurz weit mehr als bisher an Bedeutung. Das angeblich Unmögliche beginnt wahr zu werden, auch wenn sich das herrschende Bewusstsein gegen die Einsicht sträubt, dass es um etwas anderes geht als um eine bloß zyklische Abwärtsbewegung, die nach ein paar Monaten oder höchstens einem Jahr glücklich überstanden sein wird.
Utilizing the works of Nathaniel Hawthorne as a case research, John E. Alvis indicates novelist could be a political thinker. He demonstrates that a lot of Hawthorne's works are rooted within the American political culture. after we view his writings in reference to the foundations expressed within the assertion of Independence, we grab that what Thomas Jefferson and John Adams had said explicitly, Hawthorne's fiction conveys dramatically.
- The New Left and the 1960s: Collected Papers of Herbert Marcuse, Volume 3 (Herbert Marcuse: Collected Papers)
- Marx, the Young Hegelians, and the Origins of Radical Social Theory: Dethroning the Self (Modern European Philosophy)
- The Cambridge Companion to The Communist Manifesto (Cambridge Companions to Philosophy)
- Derrida and the Political (Thinking the Political)
Additional info for A Companion to Greek and Roman Political Thought (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Political Thought (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Ryan K. Balot